About the Courseif(get_field('main_details_intro')): ?>
The course has been specifically designed to provide employees with knowledge and skills about evacuation techniques to ensure compliance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, and the Equality Act 2010.
This is a practical course, during which participants will have the opportunity to practice evacuation techniques using the relevant evacuation equipment found in their work setting. These evacuation techniques will be in-keeping with the establishment’s Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans.
Half-day course (three hours).
To be aware of the fire evacuation procedures within the workplace, and be able to assist with a fire evacuation as appropriate.
By the end of the course participants will;
- Have an awareness of their responsibilities in fire evacuation
- Have an awareness of the procedures they are required to follow in the event of a fire
- Demonstrate how to use the evacuation equipment in their setting
- Demonstrate evacuation of weighted mannequins off a bed and downstairs (where applicable)
- Show how to get someone from a chair onto evacuation equipment.
- Introduction to fire evacuation and relevant legislation
- Discussion of the roles and responsibilities of staff on the premises in the event of a fire
- Introduce personal emergency evacuation plans and traffic light systems (where applicable) and how to follow these
- Demonstration of evacuation equipment on site
- Use of evacuation equipment with weighted mannequins to get off a bed
- Use of evacuation equipment to take a weighted mannequin down the stairs (where applicable)
- Demonstration of assisting a person from a chair to an evacuation mat
Enquire about this course...